Header Ads


Ideye arrives in Tianjin, set for medicals

Super Eagles striker, Brown Ideye arrived in Tianjin early on Wednesday morning to sign for Chinese Super League side, Tianjin Teda.

Ideye was top scorer for Greek side, Olympiacos before a twelve million euros transfer was agreed between both side early last week.

I am in Tianjin. I arrived this morning,” Ideye said.

He arrives in Tianjin to sign the dotted lines for his new club after personal terms were agreed last week, but first he will go for his medicals.

I am on my way for my medicals now,” Ideye said.

Shortly before departure from Greece, he penned an emotional letter to fans of Olympiacos on instagram.

In it he explained how the move to China came about.

The opportunity came about quite suddenly and is one I felt I needed to take,” Ideye said.

Last year I had big offers from China and the Middle East as well as opportunities to move to mainland Europe but the thought did not cross my mind. I wanted to stay.

Olympiacos has become our home; myself and my family have loved every minute. You took me into your hearts and that’s something that will stay with me always.

I want to thank the president, Mr Marinakis who did so much to bring me here. I remember fondly, spending the last two days of the summer transfer window with him where he worked tirelessly to bring me to the club. Sometimes we forget the effort and money he has put into the club, and how hard he works to keep Olympiacos at the top. To him I’m grateful.”

Ideye described Olympiacos as one of the best run clubs he has played for where everything is done right to enhance performances on the pitch.

I will miss my teams mates, past and present, some of who have become close friends. Without them one player is nothing. I’m looking forward to the new challenge in a new league, new team mates and new way of life,”

Ideye started his career with Ocean Boys in the Nigerian League. He moved to Switzerland to play with Nuechatel Xamax and then France with Sochaux before Ukrainian side, Dinamo Kiev.


Before he joined Olympiacos he had a one year stint with West Bromich Albion in England.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.