Header Ads

Obinze Attribute Sunday Win To Hard Work

Godwin Obinze
Rivers United cruse passes Niger Tornadoes 2-0 at the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in a keenly contested match day nine of the Nigeria Professional Football League in Port Harcourt on Sunday.

Osita Chikere and CHAN returnee Emeka Ogbugh first half goals was all the “Pride of Rivers” needed to have a comfortable win over Niger Tornadoes.

On his part, Rivers United Midfielder, Godwin Obinze expressed happiness on the resounding victory for his team and as well attributing it to hard work.

“I will say thank God who has been doing everything for us and for the resounding victory today and I pray for more victories even in our away games.

“Last season was very bad for me and I want to make a name for myself this season, so I bring out my mind to play well, so I just have to power the game in any way.

“Everybody has been castigating us that we don’t use to score goals and we don’t use to win away, although this team is a new team and everyone is fighting to make a good name for himself, we hope to keep having this kind of victory.” He concluded.

With the win over Niger Tornadoes, Rivers United will travelled to face Kwara United while Niger Tornadoes welcome Abia Warriors of Umuahia at home on match day ten.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.