Header Ads

Pen Dragon Wins Thriller Over Steve, Crowned PH City 8-Ball Pool Champion

The Winning Shot of Pen Dragon
By Eyo Idongesit Kelvin

Arthur Wariso "Pen Dragon" demolished assassin daminky Steve Kesiye in the final of the PH City 8-Ball Pool League Sunday night to emerged champion in the pool championship at the V10 8-Ball Pool arena in Port Harcourt.

Pen Dragon worked his way up to the final by beating one of the finest snooker favorite "Razor" Boma Oruamabo 2-0 in a fiercely fought quarter finals encounter, followed by a convincing 2-1 Semi-Final win over Bio Mangete "Savimbi D Warlord" in a thrilling comeback game.
Add caption

Steve, who seems destined to finally snap off the big one from "Pen Dragon" had a brilliant run off his opponent in the knock out stage to reach the final was no match for the "Camelots" Pen dragon who won the first edition of the tournament.

Steve who was very close to overthrowing "Pen Dragon" said Arthur is having a form of life therby attributing his lost to the pool board that stand against him from grabbing the ultimate prize on the night.

"Well, I will say he is in the form of his life right now, so it just a game he won and I lost, I played very well, something went against me but I felt disappointed it's a lost and I don't like to losing," Steve told www.kelvianomedia.blogspot.com.ng

"There are certain shots I would have taking on a different kind of board but for this board I will say few things are not up to standard. For instance, the white is a lot smaller than it should be on a standard board so this makes it difficult for you to make your calculations when you want to pot a ball because when the white ball is so much smaller you have to change your angle a bit,"

"So all this played into my psyche while I was playing, that was responsible for some of the shots I was unable to make,"

On his part, Pen Dragon express his excitement after winning the 8-Ball Pool League back-to-back champion remaining undefeated.

"Everytime I win I feel great, I feel really excited, for every game there's sense of wisdom, you need to apply some wisdom in the game because if you are playing a good player, steve is actually good I need not to take him for granted,"

"Steve is good so I needed to apply some of my old stricks on him that is why it was difficult for him to win one. I didn't want to spare him at all, so I need to make sure that every game is very important to me, I took every chances I had,"

"In every atmosphere the disadvantages are for both is not for one, but you can always still manage what you have, because am sure everybody manages what they have, so it was also affecting me but I was playing with experience, I was playing with an old age, have played snooker for over 25 years so I should be able to control my faults," Arthur added.

In the other games, the uniport champion Emeka Abali could not go pass a man who is set to be Dragon Slayer in the quarter finals losing 2-1 to Bio Mangete, while the battle of brothers, was quite entertaining on the night seeing Boma Oruamabo defeating his brother Amakiwi to set up a quarter final match with defending champion "Pen Dragon"
Arthur receiving his prize cheque from Boma Oruamabo

The occasion was the final of the PH City 8-Ball Pool which saw Arthur Kalada Wariso emerge the winner of the N100,000 grand prize at the V10 8 Ball Pool arena, runners-up Steve Kesiye grabbed N50, 000 while Akin Bello goes home with the third prize of N30, 000

No comments

Powered by Blogger.