Header Ads

Wladimir Klitschko Retires From Boxing After 21 Years As A Professional

Former heavyweight world champion Wladimir Klitschko has retired from boxing - ruling out a rematch with Britain's Anthony Joshua.

Ukraine’s former heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko announced his retirement from boxing on Thursday. 
Klitscko hangs up his gloves as one of the all-time greats of the ring after a nine-and-a-half year reign as heavyweight champion.

The Ukrainian, 41, was knocked out in the 11th round by current champion Joshua at Wembley Stadium in April.
“I never thought I’d have such a long and successful sporting career, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart,” he told his fans in a statement.

"I have achieved everything I dreamed of, and now I want to start my second career after sports," said Klitschko.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.