Header Ads

Victor Moses Retirement: Super Eagles and Chelsea star calls time on international career

Victor Moses
By Eyo Kelvin 

Nigeria International and Chelsea star Victor Moses has announced his retirement from international football. 

Moses who has gained over 20 caps for Nigeria since his debut in 2012 and has played in their winning campaign at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, as well as the campaign in the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the just concluded 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

The 27-year-old forward was part of the Nigeria squad that crashed out of group stage at the Mundial took to his social media handle to announced his retirement from international football. 

“I would like to announce that after much thought I have made the decision to retire from playing International football. 

"I have experienced some of the best moments of my life wearing the Super Eagles shirt and have memories with me that will last a lifetime. Nothing will ever compete to what it felt like to represent Nigeria on behalf of our country". Moses explained. 

"However, I feel that now is the right time to step away in order to be able to focus fully on club career and my young family as well as to allow the next generation of Super Eagles stars the opportunity to step up and to flourish.

“There are so many highlights that stand out for me over the years; from making my debut, to playing in two World Cups and being a part of the team to win the African  Nations Cup for the first time for our nation since 1994 being just a few of them.

Victor Moses went further to thanked the manager, staff and Nigeria Football Federation as well as his team mates for the all the support accorded him during his time in the team. 

"I have already spoken to the manager via telephone and would like to say thank you to him and his staff, the NFF and all of my team mates for all the support over the years". He echoes

“Most importantly I would like to say thank you to the Nigerian people for believing in me and supporting me over the years.

“It’s mean the world to me and my family and I will always be a proud Nigerian supporting the team”. He Concluded

Moses, who joined English side Chelsea in 2012, scored 12 goals in 37 appearances creating 7 assist for Nigeria. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.