Header Ads

Udechukwu Relishing 'New Challenge' At Enyimba

Chinedu Udechukwu
Following a successful transfer to Enyimba Football Club, forward Chinedu Udechukwu has been speaking to the club's media on his decision to join the seven times Nigerian champions.

Udechukwu has teamed up with the People's Elephant following an impressive stint with another Nigeria Professional Football League side, Katsina United, that saw him emerge as one of the league's top strikers in the past seasons.

The bulky forward, who has penned a deal that will keep him at Enyimba for three seasons, is confident that the decision to pitch his tent with Nigeria's most successful side represents a forward motion in his career.

"There was a need for me to take the next step in my career," Udechukwu said.

"You know, in anything we do we need to always make progress, so I wanted a bigger challenge.

"I know that my move to Enyimba is the right decision for my career and I want to put in my best to ensure that I help the team achieve big. My aim is to do better than I did at my previous club."

Adapting to a new environment is usually a challenge for football players, but Udechukwu says the camaraderie at the club has made it easy for him to slot in.

"I like the welcome I've received at the club. The coaches and players have been very friendly and that has helped me settle easily.

"As a professional that I am, there's the need to adapt and make this place my new home, and that is what my new team mates have been able to make me do."

With a towering figure and a poacher's eye for goals, the Jos-born striker is a rare blend of pace, power and presence; making him one to watch out for in the upcoming season.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.